www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day One!!

Wow. wow. wow. This could possibly be one of the best experiences in my life. Awesome school, beautiful weather, cool people and an overload of information.

Literally, this school is on the shore of Lake Superior. Next to us is a group of people building boats, another group are baking pizzas & bread in an outdoor clay oven - just such cool things going on all around us.

Our instructor, Randy, is great. He is so patient and just stands back and lets us do the building. If he sees us starting to screw something up, he just gently walks over and says, "how about this?"

The group of people we are with are a perfect mix. There are 6 men and 6 women - all like-minded and so fun to work with.

The short video is just a snippet of Randi teaching us how to lay down the sheeting and make sure your structure is square. Since my video camera only tapes for one hour - I have to pick and choose what to videotape in an 8-hour class. I've been taking copius notes and when something seems really important, I video. I'll post a couple of videos just to show you how cool the process is and after I decipher the notes, I'll give you guys a run-down of how it all gets done.

I know that some of you women have said you wanted to do something like this and all I can say is, just do it. If anyone is serious and is interested in this particular school, let me know and I'll definitely come up again for any one of the classes they offer. It is truly awesome.

We of course, are exhausted, sore feet, a little sunburned but so happy. We tried to soak up the sun today, because it looks like the rain and cooler weather is headed our way. By Friday, it is supposed to be raining and high of 40. Brrrr.

Now I'm off to take a hot shower and probably be asleep by 8:00 p.m., I haven't done that since the 3rd grade!


Untitled from Angie Sullivan on Vimeo.

No comments: