www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

a list

This is just a smattering (is this a word?) of the things I have to do today. We got home from Madison around 1:30 a.m., my insane husband got up and went to work at 4 a.m. (WTF?), it is freezing & dreary here with about a 30 mph wind and all I really want to do is stay in bed under my warm, goose-down comforter......yeah, right.

The list:

1. call betty for maddie's final dress fitting (clogging competition next week, yeah!)
2. call meat locker to find out total for pig; pick up pig (pork roast tonight!)
3. call sheep sellers (shouldn't use their name here probably) and set up time for the sheep to be delivered today (more fun)
4. go to tractor supply to buy the panels for the sheep enclosure
5. go to feed mill to pick up sheep grain
6. call farmer next door to see about buying hay/straw for sheep
7. email photographer about alyson's senior picture for the yearbook
receive the jpg of the senior picture and get it sent to the school as it is DUE TODAY!
8. unpack van from the trip - it looks like we went across country in that thing
9. laundry from trip
10. call mechanic about getting two, yes two, of our cars in. Alyson's decided to quit running and on our trip, the van's power steering line went out - AGAIN.

Life is good, people. Hope your day looks a little brighter!

5 comments:

Elle said...

Clogging, eh? That is so cool! A friend of mine was (is?) part of the Wild Goose Chase Cloggers and they are just FABULOUS. I'd never heard of it before I moved to the Midwest, but I am seriously impressed.

*~*Cece*~* said...

Because I'm SUPER tired today thiis is my list when I get out of work:

1. Pick up kids from Grandma's house.

2. Feed kids (thankfully I put a roast in the crock pot before I went to work!)

3. Clean kitchen.

4. 30 minutes of reading/studing with kids.

5. Take out contacts and put on stretchy pants.

6. Grab a blanket, the remote and cordless phone.

7. Plop ass on couch. Don't move unless absolutely necessary.

8. Close to 9pm set coffee for tomorrow.

9. Go to bed as soon as the kids do...at 9pm tonight! lol

I might squeeze in a DVD somewhere in there tonight.

Madeline Rains said...

It's great to meet another red headed farmer! Thanks for the link. I have to say you are way better at the farming thing than I am though. I haven't even put together a farm web site. I love the name of your farm. I do think we have a lot in common. : ) And I like your hair cut. I got too many bad reviews the last time I cut mine that short. Sigh. It would be a nice change.

Angie said...

Hey Eliza! yes - clogging. It is cool, but the travelling gets a little old.....my daughter loves it though, so the things we do for our kids, right? You'll get there, just wait!

Cece - I'll trade you lists after you get to #5!! You know once I take the contacts out - that's it I'm done for the day. It's only 8:30 right now and as soon as I'm done writing this and checking my email, I'm outta here and in the bed! Have a good one, girl.

Madeline - I'm so glad you checked in and before you give me too much credit about the farming - I feel less and less experienced every year! This business kicks my ass in a different way all the time. Just when you think you have it figured out....you're wrong! As far as the website - I have a good friend that is a computer whiz - he gets all the credit for the website, I can barely manage this blog, just ask Cece (above) she has had to guide me on even the basics!! Thanks again for checking in and hope to talk to you often.

jenny said...

good luck getting everything on your list completed! i know how long those ol' lists can get! have fun doing it!