www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Oh Yeah! I forgot about this - so here goes......

Okay, here are the rules:

Each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things about you”. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you are tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Only 6?? This should be easy, weird is easy for me.......let's see

1. Although we live in the 'land of the lakes' and next to the state of State of 10,000 Lakes (Minnesota), I cannot swim in a lake, at least not in water over my head. It absolutely freaks me out and if weeds or fish touch me from under the water? Forget about it. I'm out of there. Drives my husband crazy b/c he LOVES lakes and grew up swimming in them, whereas I was more the swimming pool type.

2. I lay in bed damn near every morning from 4 a.m. to about 6 a.m., when it's time to get up, and worry incessantly about everything that could possibly go wrong in our lives or that we are going to end up broke and homeless somehow.

3. I have a very unhealthy fear of snakes. Literally, if one crosses my path, I scream, cry, shake and completely freeze. Being in the farming industry, this poses many problems, many times my husband has to enter our fields first and stomp around to scare the snakes away. I have pee'd my pants on more than one occasion!

4. I cannot stop reading a book until I finish it - even if it is a piece of crap.

5. I have a photographic memory. If I see a number, passage in a book or a name, written down, I don't forget it. I still know all my phone numbers from everywhere I've lived and can find a passage in a book I've read without hesitation. I can actually picture it written down in my mind. Right now, I have all these numbers memorized:

-the whole families social security numbers
-the whole families bank account numbers
-my husband's, my daughter's and my PIN numbers
-all the local telephone numbers you need (plumber, car repair, banks, stores, etc)
-everyone's birthdays on both sides of our families plus at least 20 friends
-all our online account numbers with user names and passwords

plus many other unimportant numbers. My husband affectionately calls me "Rain Man"

6. I can't go up a flight of stairs without looking behind me because I think someone is coming up behind me. (Way too many scary movies as a kid!)

There you go - showing the world my weirdness. Sadly, this list could have gone on and on and on.

Now, the rules said I had to tag and link to six more people - however, as you all know, I am computer illiterate - so I'm cheating and not doing that part simply because I have no idea how to link. Thanks Cece for offering to help me with my illiteracy - but I'm not sure you understand how bad it is, so I'm saving you the hassle!

Enjoy.

No comments: