www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Monday, March 16, 2009

3 months in bullet points

There have been quite a few happenings around our place during my 3 month hiatus, most of which are depressing and one in particular was beyond tragic, so I will give a quick synopsis and get it out of the way so we can move on to happier things.

- John and I separated and were living in different residences
- my grandmother was in a car accident - broke both wrists and shattered her ankle and is still recovering in a rehabilitation center
- my dad had a mild heart attack that required me to go to Branson, Missouri and be with him (no, having to stay in Branson is not the tragic part:)
- my friend that I golf with in the summer - her son who was 18 years old and friends with my oldest daughter - hung himself. We are still reeling from this, as you can imagine.
- Kino (remember Kino? My 85 year old Japanese buddy?) also went into the hospital with chest pain and a suspected heart attack - which turned out not to be - so some good news.
- the same day Kino got out of the hospital - our house caught on fire with a chimney fire.
- we are currently displaced to a rental farm house while the gutting and rebuilding of our home is being done which will take roughly 10-12 weeks.
- John and I are now living in the same house again because he moved into the house I was renting while we were separated. We figured this would be best for the kids as they were already having a tough time with the separation and now their house burning - how much can they take at once, right?

There. Now in case some of you are afraid to even come to my blog for fear that my bad luck might jump through the screen and 'get' you, have no fear. Don't they say bad luck comes in 3's? Yeah, about that - I should be good for at least 2 years, right? So, you're safe.....I hope.

Now on a happier note, we feel we are coming through it all and we are all still standing. We are also realizing we are fairly resilient and helping the kids to understand that no matter how bleak things look, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Having Winter on its way out and Spring on her way in is very helpful. Aside from the melting snow and the mud & muck, there are some sure signs of Spring. We are currently planting seeds in the greenhouse; lettuce & onions in the hoophouse and are anxiously awaiting baby lambs and baby chicks. All signs of new life and hope.

What's that saying people are always saying when they are trying to be helpful? "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger?" I feel like the fucking Incredible Hulk.

14 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

No, you're not the Incredible Hulk -- You're Wonder Woman!

Anonymous said...

I'm in awe of you right now--and I've wondered how things were going. YOu are Wonder Woman. Here's to a healthy and happy springtime to make up for the winter you've had. My goodness.

Denise said...

wow that has been quite a crazy few months...hoping that spring with bring new hope and new life. and you are a super hero of some sort!

Allmycke said...

It takes some kind of super human strengths to handle what you have handled lately...

Karen said...

Definitely a super hero after all that! I hope the bad luck is over and the rest of 2009 will be kinder to you!

Allegra said...

good to see you back! i admire your for your positive outlook on things, and i hope that you and your husband are able to reunite permanently and work things out (unless he's abusive. then i want him to go somewhere else. or unless he's unfaithful). i read something very wise recently ... we married our husbands for a reason. can we go back to what we found so appealing then and focus on those things.

anyway ... please hang in there, and know that people around the country are thinking of you and pulling for you.

xoxo,
allegra

KJ said...

Holy whatthefuck, Batman.

Sorry about your grandma, your house, your Dad, your friend's son, and your marriage. That is a mouthful of bummer, but I'm so very glad to hear that things are swinging back up, and very very glad to see you back.

Phew.

Country Girl said...

OMG, I cannot beleive all you have been through. Hang in there, we are all rooting for you. Hugs, Kim

Madeline Rains said...

SO glad that you're back. WOW! "I Will Survive" is your running soundtrack, right?

Akkire said...

wow. you ARE the incredible WOMAN. no hulk needed. :)

Madeline Rains said...

Angie, I have given you the perfect award! See my blog.

Danielle said...

Sheesh, no wonder you haven't been blogging!

I'm singin' a little raspy rendition of "I will survive..." for ya right about now!

Take care of yourself.

denise said...

Ouch. That is a rough few months. Hugs...

Unknown said...

I kept checking and checking and checking....she's here, but holy schniekes!! You have had way more than your share in such a short time!! I can't even imagine!!
You are one tough chick!
Prayers and {{hugs}} to you!!