www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Egg Update and some cute dogs...............

Thank you for all the comments about the egg. Weird shit, huh? Okay, prepare for it to get weirder.

As the strangely large egg thawed out? We could see inside of it through the crack in the side and guess what we saw? Another egg. Fully formed and with a shell. Holy shit. An egg inside of an egg.

Someone who commented, I can't remember which one of you, said they had heard of this before, but that is just nucking futs. (Update: It was Sadie! Where did you read that, Sadie?)

We are heading out tomorrow morning for South Carolina at the ungodly hour of 4:00 A.M. - our flight leaves Minneapolis at 6:40. Can all of you imagine how fricking cold it's going to be tomorrow morning at 4:00 A.M.? Yeah, me too. Big fun.

On a final note, I'm leaving you with a few pictures of my incredibly spoiled dogs. Every night when it's time to go to bed, they see me going through my nightly routine.....finishing my glass of wine, brushing my teeth, locking the doors......and before I can get upstairs, they rush up the stairs before I do and jump into the bed, spin their circles trying to find the perfect spot and flop down. By the time I get up there, they are snoring. Rugby actually snores louder than my husband and I have to kick him in the night to get him to shut.the.fuck.up.

What happened to me? I used to NEVER let those scroungy dogs sleep in the bed. Now look. Getting older really teaches you how to choose your battles, plus it's cold as shit here and those two give off a lot of heat - it's like having an electric blanket.



12 comments:

Amy the Mom said...

I too have succumbed to the body heat of dogs in bed. I draw the line at the 55 pounder though. The 110 pounder is like having another adult in bed with us.

Mrs. G. said...

Which came first? The egg or the egg?

Sarah said...

*lol* I just did a search for the Guiness record for largest chicken egg. I found all sorts of odd egg information on the WWW. The things people write about *giggle*

I was wondering about the egg, because it looked like it was cracked and leaking...but I'm still surprised that there was another shell inside!! What a freakshow!!

Surprise pregnancies, giant eggs...what awaits you next?!

Oh, and if I had a dog...my hubby would KILL me for letting it be a bed dog...but I probably would anyway...if it would tolerate it. We take up too much room on our bed already...not sure there's room for a dog *giggle*

Akkire said...

how could you kick those cute little faces out of your bed Angie!?! :)

MLL said...

You're right....it must come with age. We used to NEVER let our dogs sleep with us, now we share it with 2 of them! (the 3rd sleeps with my youngest daughter). And they are bed hogs...they seem to think "the closer the better", and I often wake to find myself twisted like a pretzel trying to find space for my legs.

Minnesota Matron said...

Have a great safe trip. I'll keep the heat on here in the northland while you're gone. And oh, it was cold indeed at 4:30 am on Wednesday morning. Big snout kiss to the little (canine) ones.

*~*Cece*~* said...

I'm gonna steal your dogs! They're so freakin' cute!

*~*Cece*~* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*~*Cece*~* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KJ said...

Such cuties.

Humans get siamese twins and other rare and strange crap, I guess this is the chicken version?

Warm thoughts to you.

Unknown said...

Dad-gum woman that was some egg. If any of my girls laid an egg that big the whole neighborhood would hear her clucking.
We always let our sweetie sleep with us. Don't be selfish dogs that cute deserve a soft bed.

Madeline Rains said...

You are on my excellent blogger list to receive an excellent blog award. See my blog for details.