www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Monday, November 12, 2007

A quick tribute - hurry, before I change my mind.


Tribute to “Sully”, better known as my husband:

Just a moment, before it leaves me, to honor this man. This man that I married almost 16 years ago.

This man that drives me insane with his habits….leaving his whisker hair in the sink, not always making it into the toilet when he pees, leaving his balled-up socks next to the bed; never reading the directions before he tries to put something together and inevitably ends up taking it apart because of this refusal, this man who tries to help out by doing laundry, but only puts about 3 things in the washer at one time because “it cleans better if you don’t over fill it” excuse; this man who has NO small engine ability and is the reason why we have a line-up of small engine things that need repaired but can only afford to take a few at a time; this man who brings me a large glass of wine after my 17-year-old daughter has just picked a fight with me and has driven me to the edge of sanity; this man who is overly optimistic and is married to an overly pessimistic woman – so annoying; this man who is always supportive no matter what idea I come up with now; this man who loves his daughters with all his heart and can’t go one day without hugging and kissing them even though they are of the age that this is no longer ‘cool’ and they cringe when they see him coming, but smile by the time he is done; this man who would bend himself into a pretzel if it would make me happy; this man who works a job that he hates b/c it is good money and allows me to be home with our kids and work on my passions; this man who never gets enough credit and eats more of my shit than anyone should and smiles through the whole process; this man who I built this house with and wanted to literally ‘kill’ on more than one occasion b/c he is the most anal retentive man on the face of this earth and if there was a fraction of an inch of space between the pieces of hardwood floor that we were laying, he would pull it back up and re-do it; this man who does everything so meticulously that it takes him 3 hours to do the most simple projects; this man who insists on building a garage with an apartment on top to house my mother when she gets old, who is the craziest woman on earth and who drives me to drink large amounts of wine, but who he insists on taking care of; this man who even when I first wake up in the morning – look like shit with hair going in 10 different directions and terrible breath – still looks at me and tells me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me.

What did I do to deserve this? Not only do I have NO idea, but most of the time, I take it for granted and am not all that nice. So, today is one of those days when I look at him and think to myself, “Thank you, Universe for whatever I did to end up with this guy who accepts me for who I am, with all my faults, with all my insane, dysfunctional extended family, with all my dreams, big ideas and latest schemes and always has a smile and a nice thing to say.

Now, I’m going to hurry up and post this before he pisses me off about something……it’s inevitable. But truly, there is no one else who would put up with me and my shit.

7 comments:

jenny said...

such a lovey post! since it is the month of thanks i guess we all have to look at what and who we are thankful for. good job. :)

*~*Cece*~* said...

That is the sweetest post I've read in a LOOOOOOOONG time! You're a lucky woman. He's also a cutie! ;-)

Madeline Rains said...

Oh! So beautiful, and inspiring. I will have to steal this idea soon. I have a great one too that needs more appreciation from his snarly old wife.

Angie said...

Thanks, Jenny - it is very out of character for me to be so complimentary....

Cece - He is kinda cute, isn't he? Sometimes you look at someone so much, you forget!

Madeline - 'snarly wife' - that's funny - do you think it's our hair color? We are both red-heads!!

Believe it or not, I still like him today and we even worked on a project together putting up his deer stand for hunting this weekend - NO FIGHTS! Amazing.

Unknown said...

I loved reading your post! He sounds like a wonderful man, you are truely blessed!

queenvanna said...

it's so clear that you love that rotton s.o.b. =) congratulations on another year!

p.s., they're *all* rotton s.o.b.'s!! =)

Angie said...

Thanks, M - yes, blessed but usually too stupid to realize it, know what I mean??

Queen - i do. and he is. yes, they all are. Thanks for understanding:)

I've got to hurry up and post something new - all this mushy shit is making me sick!!

Thanks, ladies.