www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lighter Fare

After the seriousness of yesterday's posts with all the environmental stuff......depressing, really, let's move on to lighter, boring, every-day things like.............shopping! Yes, terrible mother that I am, my oldest is skipping school today so we can go to our favorite place in the world. Unique Thrift Store. This is a HUGE thrift store in St. Paul and we always find the best stuff there. We have been trying to get over there for some time now, but with Alyson in golf she really never had time.

Lucky for us, St. Paul is filled with rich people that buy things that they decide, for whatever reason, they didn't really need or want and it ends up at the thrift store with the tags still on it and here we come, ready to buy that $75.00 shirt for $2.00 - my kind of shopping!

After our treasure hunt at the thrift store we are heading to a local book store that we could literally spend 3 days in. Each of us get lost in an aisle and read. Dorks, I know. There are a few books that I'm look for and have a list, so I'll be hunting while the kids are reading.

Then, of course, no trip to the cities would be complete without a quick stop at Target. Maddie needs black pants for her clogging competition this weekend in Indiana and her instructor said, 'Target'. Hate it when they FORCE me to go into Target, don't you? We'll get lost in there for at least 2 hours. Don't you just love their clearance racks??

Hope your day is a good one! Until next time.

4 comments:

Elle said...

I had just heard about that thrift shop for the first time - now I'll have to go!

Which book shop is it? I could LIVE in a book shop, so if there's one I don't know about....

jenny said...

oh, the next time i'm in the cities i'll have to find that place! sounds great.

have fun at target (close to my favorite place on earth - hahaha)!

*~*Cece*~* said...

Oh that thrift store sounds heavenly! I haven't skipped out of work to do things like that in awhile. Hmmm, maybe I need to plan for it. ;-)

I love book stores, too. I love the clearance tables at the book stores!

Angie said...

Hi girls - thanks for checking in! The thrift store was a success. 4 sweaters, a pair of jeans, 2 pair of shoes and a bag all for the low, low price of $35.00. Tuesdays are 25% day and any Monday that is a holiday, is 50% off!! Bliss. The kids were successful too, all kinds of goodies. Target was a bust, no good clearance and couldn't find Maddie's pants. Off to the mall, I'd rather burn in hell, bought the pants and were out of there in 15 minutes!