www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On to the next chapter....



From the 13-year-old birthday party to the 17-year-olds' senior pictures. Who says you shouldn't make friends with people from the Internet?? I found a fantastic photographer that way! I have been reading Megan's blog for at least 2 years and all of a sudden she started taking pictures. So, over to Flickr I went to check out her stuff and it was great. She just happens to live in my neck of the woods, so on a whim, I emailed her to see if she would be interested in doing Senior pictures and she said, "yes". The one I'm showing here is just 1 out of over 500 pictures she took of Alyson in various locations in Minneapolis. We couldn't be happier.

Alyson knew she didn't want to do the 'same old thing' that everyone else is doing. She is just that kind of kid - always has to be different, or is it difficult? Not sure. Either way, she and Megan got along great and Alyson loved her ideas for pictures.

One more thing checked off our Senior check-list, only 999 to go.

The weather is getting cooler here (high of 60-something today) and that means the leaves are changing fast. I might bitch about Wisconsin winters, but our Falls are something to behold. I will try to get out and take some pictures of the leaves like a regular tourist and post them for you to see.

Hubby and I are struggling this week - I'm sure it's me, NOT - nothing serious, but don't you just have those times when you can't see eye-to-eye on anything?! Jesus, it drives me nuts and that is where we are at. It seems like he is going out of his way to make things difficult. Maybe my grandma would like me to come back to Illinois for another visit, say for maybe.......2-3 months? Ughhhhhh.

Have any of you seen all the hub-bub over at Sweet Juniper about Babble stealing copyrighted photos from people's Flickr accounts and not paying them or giving them credit? It's a pretty heated debate and if you are interested, go to sweetjuniper.com and check it out. If you are someone who has a Flickr account with lots of pictures of your kiddos, you might want to get informed about how to protect yourself!

Well, that's all the information that my brain can 'churn' out today. Until next time.

2 comments:

*~*Cece*~* said...

Your daughter is SO pretty! I'm glad you found a great photographer online. That's how we found our wedding one and it was one of the BEST choices we made!

Our weather is cooling, too, but not nearly as cool as yours. lol Right now its 82 degrees but it'll drop to the low 60's tonight. lol Brrrr that's cold! I KID! Kind of. lol

Angie said...

Thank you, Cece - we think she's kind of cute......we try to remember that when I want to 'ring her neck'! Ughhhh, teenage years=stress. You'll be there soon enough!