www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Monday, February 06, 2006

Partied Out

Whew. What a weekend. We are getting too old for this. Texas Holdem was the reason for the gathering at our place and a good time was had by all. Finally, around 3 a.m, we had to call it a night. The next night, Superbowl party at a friends house. Next weekend, Valentine's Day Party. Aren't we the social butterflies? Exhausted is the word. When you live in Northern Wisconsin/Minnesota, this is about the time when cabin fever sets in and everyone decides it's time for a party. Why do they always have to happen at the same time? Spring needs to come soon, our livers can't take much more.

Two different sets of friends not only showed up for the party, but also bought memberships to the CSA. Having friends buy into your business is nerve racking for me. The pressure is mounting, but I'm trying not to let it freak me out too much.

Winter has decided to return to our parts. We have been incredibly spoiled and not had much of a winter, but here it is. For the first time this winter, I had to scrape ice off the windshield - yuck. I don't think I have ever yearned for spring/summer more than I am this year. Breakfast and coffee on the front porch in the morning sun, walking barefoot to the garden, dirty hands from the soil, flowers blooming, soft spring rains, grilling steaks while listening to Cubs games on the radio, kids riding their bikes, swimming in the lake, fresh tomatoes, picking dinner out of the garden every night and my absolute favorite, being able to live with the windows OPEN - God, I can't wait for fresh air.

Anyone else out there with spring fever?

No comments: