God, this blog-world is great. Kat over at Just Kat Stuff is a dear, isn't she? While I was off in la-la land, she gave me the Kreative Blogger Award. The rules are that I'm supposed to list 6 things that make me happy and then nominate 6 more bloggers who deserve this award.
6 Things that make me happy:
1. My daughters and the relationship we have. Not always perfect, but very close-knit and loving, although sometimes, too honest. They give me details that I could usually do without:)
2. My farm. There is nothing I would rather be doing than digging in the dirt, feeding local people with good healthy food. It is my life.
3. Great friends. I have been blessed with both real-world friends and blog-world friends. How great is it to have support from strong, smart, successful women whether it's over a cup of coffee or over the internet.
4. Our new kitten. Yes, the last thing we needed around here was another animal, but Brenna begged and won and we are all enjoying her very much. You forget how playful and sweet they are.
5. Photography. I don't go anywhere without the camera. There is no better way to relax and feel happy than taking pictures. Too bad I suck at uploading them to Flickr or my blog. Someday.
6. Yellow Tail Shiraz. Wine is my friend - it makes me happy - sue me.
Now, the tough part - naming 6 other bloggers who deserve this award. Of course, there isn't one woman listed in my blogroll that doesn't deserve it - they are all creative and inspiring, but damn it, they limit us to SIX! So, here goes:
1. Madeline at Barn-Raising.....yes, I know, I always pick her, but she is my red-headed, internet, farming, photography, unschooling sister! Her pictures she took while in Europe are amazing - you need to go to her site and check them out.
2. Melanie at Bean Paste.....did you happen to see those Halloween costumes she made? Holy shit - this girl is talented. Not to mention her photography and ability to design blogs! Amazing.
3. Jodi at So Not Cool.....another photography sister, although she puts me to shame with her shots. Go check them out.
4. Marti at Standing Still......have you seen this girls pottery? She is incredibly talented and if you live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area you can find her at the Farmers Market!
5. Denise at Mom in Madison.....a fellow homeschooling mom that comes up with the coolest projects for her boys to do. She's a mother, artist, gardener, photographer....one very cool lady.
6. Laurie at Three Dog Blog.....I'm envious because she is an author which is what I want to be when I grow up:) Go check out the pictures of her 3 adorable dogs and her new office!
Yes, I could have listed another 15 or so blogs, but then I would be breaking the rules. You know me, no breaking the rules.....yeah, right.
Thanks again, Kat, I'm not worthy!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Posted by Angie at 9:39 PM