Can you believe this?
These wonderful ladies over at Nowhere, IL, not only added me, little ole' me, to their blogroll, but they gave me an award! I didn't even know they were readers, for Christ's sake. How cute are they?!
Now, since this is my first time getting this honor, I really don't want to screw it up, so here's how it works:
It's called the Arte Y Pico Award - so click on that link and check out the origin. Now, it is necessary for me to pass this award on to 5 bloggers who:
"...inspire others with their creativity and their talents, and for contributing to the blogging world in whatever medium."
Of course, I copied that directly from their blog, b/c who could say it better than that? The only problem that I can see is, 5?? Only 5?? Shit, now I have to choose from all the women who fit that description.
1. Derfwad Manor - this needs no explanation - Mrs. G inspires us to do insane things like post pictures of our ass on the internet, which I haven't done yet, but will.
2. Minnesota Matron - because she is in my 'neighborhood' and if you want a good laugh or be inspired to get off your ass, quit making excuses and finish that novel already, go read.
3. Barn-Raising - she is a fellow organic farmer, (well, her husband is, BUT she helps!) and unschooling mom, who is also following her dreams and finding time to make it happen in her hectic life with 2 adorable boys.
4. Lemon Basil - because I accidently came across her blog, made a comment about looking for a lemon basil bread recipe and within 3 days, she had made.one.up. and posted it! Now that is not only inspiring, but impressive and you should see her photography of my favorite things......vegetables and food! (and just because she has such a cute name, doesn't it sound like the author of a cookbook?? hint.hint:)
5. She's a Rebel, She's a Saint - she is fighting the fight of not only raising two daughters in this crazy world, making the hard decisions, dealing with a limited budget, like all of us, but she has managed to do the unthinkable of losing over 100 pounds, in the process. She inspires me to 'quit bitching' and just keep running.
Truly, there are at least 10 more women out there that I read on a regular basis that deserved this award and just because I can't bear to leave them out, I'm posting links to their blogs just in case you weren't inspired enough by the 5 Award Winners!
Thanks again to Nowhere, IL - what an honor - and now I have one more Daily Read to be inspired by! Thanks, ladies.
Now, go read these other inspiring blogs - truly, you will not be disappointed.
Bean Paste - not that she needs my help, she has such loyal readers, but you will laugh your ass off and be in awe of her photography skills, as I am.
Extra Ordinary - if you are looking to read the latest/greatest books and want a heads-up? She's your girl. Also, if you just want a look into a 20-somethings view on life, love and the environment - Erikka's inspiring.
Green Girl in Wisconsin - she's a fellow cheesehead - 'nuf said - but she also survives while living with 3 men - yes, 2 of them are small - but still....men!
Jen on the Edge - not only is she raising 2 adorable daughters, she writes on a couple of different blogs, manages to post at least once a day, if not twice and did I mention she and her hubby are building a new house? How, Jen? How?
Just Kat Stuff - she's adjusting to life in California as a transplant from Florida and most importantly, she has a son that will make 'chubby baby thighs', your new favorite snack.
Lovin', Laughin' & Livin' - Cece and I couldn't be any more opposite, she lives in the hood (as she calls it) in L.A. and I'm on a farm in Wisconsin, but I came across her blog and have been reading, laughing and loving her ever since.
Mom in Madison - also a fellow cheesehead and mom of two adorable little boys. She makes me want to give up this farming gig and move to Madison with all the cool things that city has to offer.
Sarcastic Mom - looking for someone who is 'keeping it real', seriously funny and an incredible photographer all while raising one of the cutest little turds on the internet? Check out Lotus!
So Not Cool - she claims she's not cool, but I disagree. She is raising 2 great kids, has a photography blog AND a video blog in addition to her regular blog - where do you find the time, Jodi? Her photography is amazing. Go buy some of her prints:)
Standing Still - Marti's is a new blog for me. She is an 'across the pond' neighbor, as in Minnesota. She is an amazing woman who makes pottery and jewelry and is a mother to the boy teen/child in her house. Did I happen to mention she rides a motorcycle?
Three Dog Blog - Laurie is also an inspiring woman from Minnesota (is it in the water over there?), who is an author and has 3 of the most adorable dogs you've ever seen.
Touch of Earth Farm - When you are talking inspiration? You're talking, Danielle. This woman not only is an organic farmer and CSA owner, she raises a myriad of animals, milks her own cow and in her spare time, makes her own cheese and butter! You have to read it to believe it.
Okay, so there were 12 more must-read blogs instead of 10, sue me.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Can you believe this?
Posted by Angie at 5:01 PM