www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Friday, December 16, 2005

Winter Wonderland

Well, I am recovering from my nervous breakdown with Verizon - actually, I'm not going to think about that today, I'll think about that tomorrow - a dollar for anyone who can name where that statement came from!

We proceeded to scrape the snow off the pond and had a great time skating and playing hockey for hours on end yesterday. I'll have to admit it, my kids are complete winter people. How in the hell did I have children that not only love winter but will stay outside for HOURS on end and still come in smiling? I didn't think it was possible. While I'm admitting things, after 4+ hours in the stuff, my face had quite a smile on it also. We had a great time.

Today starts the Christmas shopping. Yes, I know, some of you have been done since, what? June? Well, this household definitely operates better under pressure. After going online to look up everything that has been carefully placed on the letters to the bearded, jolly guy - the plan of attack has been devised, the bank thoroughly cleaned out, car gassed up and we are ready for action. We have a house full of 'snoopers', so the problem isn't getting the presents it is finding a good hiding place for them. Last year they went insane looking, looking in vain, the presents weren't even here - we stashed them at a friends house.

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary and we will spend it as we always do - Christmas shopping. Good thing for my husband he isn't married to someone who cares about romance, candlelit dinners and big presents, usually I ask for things like garden tillers, seeders, gift cards to seed companies, a new diamond hoe, you know, fun stuff like that, so I don't mind spending my anniversary shopping for the kids.

We will also give the Christmas card picture another try tomorrow, John thinks we need to send one out, personally, I would love to forget the whole thing - but the kids have been informed and have agreed to cooperate. We'll see.

There will be drinks at a friends house tonight - a little spreading of the holiday cheer - and then up bright and early to scratch and claw our way through the stores.

Wish me luck and the same goes back to those of you who are also just starting their shopping!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I'll think about it tomorrow...Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind, right? I'll let you know where to mail my dollar! :)